Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Windows Vista


I'll admit to being a Hypocrite. I bought Windows Vista, despite telling everyone that I wouldn't. I'll admit I'm weak. But, the box was so shiny and plastic sitting there on the shelf....

I've heard all the bad and the good stuff, but now it was time to discover for myself. The install took forever (especially since I had to do it twice) - mental note: uninstall your Nvidia drivers before you upgrade Windows XP.

So far I only have about one day of actual use under my belt, but I think I can safely proclaim this as Microsoft's "Neatest" OS to date. It's sorta like a hodge-podge of the best features of OS-X, Linux and Windows XP.

If it seems a little half-baked, that is to be expected I suppose. Most of the neat stuff (transparent windows, gadgets, aura desktop) you have to disable when playing games and what not.

Anyway, not much more to say right now. My verdict: Cool looking, neat way to interface with the PC, Runs a "tad" bit slower than XP - and if your PC can handle it it's worth an upgrade.

No comments: