Monday, February 26, 2007

The Oscars

I was quasi watching the Oscars last night realizing how little I cared this year. Here's some random thoughts about the show:

The surprise for me was Jennifer Hudson winning Supporting Actress. If I was one of the more experienced actresses nominated, I would be fuming right now. Jennifer Hudson can't sing anyway, and she proved it on the show last night.

Every year they give out a special Oscar to someone who should have won one in the past. At first, (and I think to a few other people as well) this ceremony seems odd - You're awarding someone an Oscar because they should have won one already? I used to think that invalidates Oscars that were given out to people who were in competition with this guy. REWIND however, this year I think I finally got it. They awarded that guy last night for his body of work, not just one movie. Once I got that through my skull, it made the award seem better than actually winning one in a category.

That is all. Go back to work.

No comments: